.

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Ronnie Prophet

 n 1976 Ronnie Prophet played the Horseshoe in Toronto for a week. I got to have a beer and swap stories with him most days. We had a few things in common. I was born in Montreal and he was born nearby. I had just come back from spending the winter sailing in the Bahamas and he had played 'west end' Bahamas for 3 years not long before.
He told me how he decided he need a small boat to fish with. so he flew 'chalks airlines' to Miami and bought an 18 ft Boston whaler and an out board and a case of beer and a pizza and motored back to west End. I think he had a compass no radio no phones then etc. I said do you know how crazy that is man. Nobody in their right mind would do that motoring across the 'Gulf Stream' in a putputt,. Your engine dies and you are floating to England.
he shrugged he didn't know. Ronnie had an act then called Harold the Horny toad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Patrick Watson

Wow Patrick Watson died on my birthday. I was always a big admirer of Patrick from 'this hour has seven days" I met Patrick through...